Friday, December 10, 2010

Dec 10th

I keep thinking that I should be putting more on this dang blog that I started but when all you do is get up, have breakfast, walk to the beach and spend 4 or 5 hours there then walk home again - seems pretty boring.

What I will say is we have really enjoyed our time here in Zihua and have met some really nice and interesting people from all over the place.

The other thing that is interesting is Dec. 12th is some special day that has something to do with the virgin Guadaloupe so over the past week or so you can here the booming of some sort of fireworks and there have been these sporadic processions down the main street of Zihua.  The florist shops are busy making very elaborate floral arrangements for Dec. 12 and for the Christmas season.

We have had lots of interesting experiences, like the turtles, that we have never had before.

Yesterday, after we came back from Las Gatas via the panga into centro, we stopped at Daniels Restaurant for, what I think is the best marguerita in town, I saw a family of 4 generations come in and sit at a table near us on the beach.  I was thinking how cool it was to see great grandmother, grandmother, daughter and granddaughter all together in this lovely setting.  It was only a few minutes later you could hear a blood curdling scream and all the people that worked in the restaurant running - it turned out that the daughter of this group had an epileptic seizure in the bathroom.  I looked over to their table and the only person sitting there was the great grandmother so I went and spoke to her.  She was visibly shaken and very concerned about her granddaughter - we chatted for a few minutes and in that time I learned that she was 92 years old - the same age as my own mother - but she was beautifully dressed and sharp as a tack.  It was just one of those experiences that don't come along very often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment